Monday, July 29, 2013

a solo vacation

You just got back a couple of days ago from a week in Utah with Mimi and Papa, all by yourself!  It sounds like you loved every minute of it.  I didn't hear much from you and when we did talk, you'd tell me one thing you did that day, and when I'd try to respond with a follow up question, you'd cut me off and shout, "Goo-bye, La you!"  (That's your fast version of Good-bye, I love you.)

Mimi sent me a couple of pictures, but not many.

Here's a few things you did on the trip.

First, you got to fly in a BIG plane, in the SKY!  Your first time in your own seat, because you're too old now to fly free.
 You fed the ducks.
 You fed the llamas.
 You rode on a choo choo train and spent the day playing in downtown Salt Lake.
 You got to go see Monsters University on a BIG tv.  (Your first theater experience and the report was that you loved every minute of it.)

 Then you posed in front of the Planes poster, I can't wait to take you to this one!
You also:
Helped great grandpa Garrett garden.
Had a party with the family for Papa's retirement.
Went out for ice cream.
Went on walks.
Went to Pioneer Day fireworks.
Played at the park.
Went to Cabella's with Papa.
Played basketball at my uncles house. (Mimi's work)
I'm sure the list goes on, you stayed very busy!

You got to spend your last day with Baby Will in St. George.
And then the next day Mimi and Papa drove you to Vegas, and I drove up and met you there.  We had lunch and then had to say good-bye.  I could tell you had a full week, because at lunch you literally fell asleep in mid-chew and would not wake up.  We had to fish the food out of your mouth, and you slept right through it!
And by the looks of these pictures, you have plenty of red shirts.  It's good to have you home!

No comments:

Post a Comment