Wednesday, August 1, 2012

busy, busy, busy...

I don't feel like we're that busy, but when I see how quickly I fall behind, it makes me realize we fill our days quite a bit.

We took a quick, uneventful weekend trip to Utah.  You ended up staying a few extra days because Grammy and Grandpa had plans to come out here later in the week.  You loved every second of it, and even when you got here I ran out to greet you and you ran around the truck to Grammy's side to get her out to play with you.

Uncle's Dave and Scott bought you a basketball hoop.  You are quite a shot!  Dad made grilled watermelon.  It looked better than it tasted.  Think hot pumpkin... Everyone pretended to like it, but you made sure he knew it was yucky.

Auntie Annie went to Ireland and Scotland and brought you and Addie the cutest outfits!


We took Grammy and met friends at the beach.  Ashleigh is my closest friend here in California and she has boys who are almost 5 and 7.  Although they are a lot older than you, they are the sweetest friends.  So patient when you don't understand what they are trying to do with the toys.  And they include you in everything.  And you always give hugs good-bye.  It's been hard for us to find friends here your age, but I'm so happy to have the Rose family close by, and they all just love you and Addie.


A walk through uptown Whittier.



Swimming at Grandma and Dude-pa's.  You are in love with the water.
Helping Grammy with a puzzle.  You are her constant little shadow.  And even though I pretend to be sad when you don't want me, it's nice to just have Addie to feed, change diapers, and put to bed.
So sad to say good-bye.  This really was the hardest good-bye.  You DID NOT want Grammy to leave.  You were sobbing and clinging to her.  I don't know if it was harder on you or her.  You followed them down the stairs in tears.

A pool party with dad's friends.  With some strong encouraging, you jumped fell off the diving board.  But later you jumped off the side over and over.



Now that Addie is mobile and crawling all over the place, I see her bugging you a lot.  Climbing all over you.  Tugging on your snuggle buggle when you're laying on it.  Grabbing at your sippy cup.  And taking your toys, often right out of your hands.  I'm actually surprised at how patient you are with her, so when you do get frustrated, I step in and save you from the baby attack.  Once in a while you play nice together, and sometimes even laugh together.  It warms my heart to peak in at you playing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment