Sunday, April 21, 2013

I will always love your tender heart.

A couple days before we went to St. George to see Taylor, Samira, and William, Uncle Taylor send me this heart wrenching picture of Baby Will.

He was getting chest x-rays, and it wasn't as bad as it looks, but still pretty hard on his little body.  I was looking at the picture, and you walked over and pulled my phone towards you and excitedly said, "Me see phone!"  As soon as you saw who it was you calmed right down.  You just looked for a minute, then quietly said, "Baby Will."  I reassured you that he was ok and that it didn't hurt.  What you did next just about melted my heart.  We don't let you chew gum, hardly ever.  But this day you had a piece in your mouth.  You took the gum out of your mouth and carefully handed it to me.  Then, you leaned in and kissed the picture on my phone.  You smiled and me, slowly put your hand up, and said, "five?"  Then you lightly gave Baby Will's tiny hand a high-five.

On days when I question my parenting, on days when I wonder if I'm doing everything wrong, one days that I'm overly concerned about whether or not I'm raising you to be a good young man, I'll look back at this moment where I got to sit and watch you reach out in such a unique way to your cousin, and I'll remember, you've always been a good young man.

I love you so much, Garrett.  You make me proud every single day.  I'm so happy I'm your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment