Saturday, June 30, 2012

playing catch-up!

It's funny that your last post was about going to Utah a lot, and now it's been a month since I blogged here and we've been to Utah again. But I think that trip will have to wait for another day and I'll catch up on what we did in between the two trips. I guess I should look at the positive side about being so behind and having lots to blog about. At least we're busy and having fun this summer!



 You've started sticking things up your nose...I hope it's a short lived phase.
 You started not sleeping through the night and screaming so much that you and I would spend the rest of the night in the guest room.  I THINK we're through this phase. (fingers crossed)



We spent a day walking around and playing at the Circle at Orange and had lunch at your favorite Ruby's, the one at the train station. 
 We went to a birthday party for your friend, Jack.
 You loved running around, playing with the dog, and splashing in the water.

You love helping with the plants, and you take this one that's in the little wagon for a walk around the house and porch almost daily.
That tiger pillow and the alligator stuffed animal are your best friends.  You have to sleep with both of them and you carry at least one of them with you around the house in the morning and after naps.  Today, as you were dragging the tiger around, (we call him snuggly) one of his feet fell off.  You MELTED. DOWN.  You cried so loud and so hard I almost wondered if one of your feet fell off, too.  Luckily, Grandma White stopped by and saved the day.  The foot is back in place and life can go on.
 You love the park. Rain, shine, play clothes, church clothes.  You don't care a bit, as long as you're playing!





You're learning a lot of new words, though you don't use many voluntarily, but you'll try and repeat just about anything we say. 


We tape your diapers on at night.  We've found you naked and had to do one too many messy clean-ups!

You make your sister laugh better than anyone else can.  Sometimes you love playing with her and you give her kisses unprompted.  Other times, you push her away and sometimes even cry if she's sitting too close to you.


When people ask you're age now, I say, "He's almost two."  Even though I'm used to saying it, I can't get used to it being the truth!  I guess we still have almost 3 months, but when I think about how fast the past 21 have gone, I know it'll be here all too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment