Wednesday, March 13, 2013

always involved, and having fun with grandparents.

Helpful...

You want to 'help' and be a part of just about everything.  You helped me blow out my birthday candle.
When I was working on a project with wood blocks you wanted to sand them all for me before I painted them.
When I'm doing laundry, you fill the machine and shut the door.  You push the power button, then need a little help with the wash setting, then you push the start button until it clicks on.

A lot of times it takes longer to have you help, but I try hard to be patient because you're learning a lot and someday it really will be helpful!

Independent...

A couple of weeks ago I heard you in the kitchen.  When I looked over at you, you'd pulled the milk and chocolate syrup out of the fridge and you were digging for a cup.
You love carrying plates to the sink after a meal, and if someone leaves a cup on the coffee table, you often take it to the sink, just because you know it doesn't belong on the table.  And you wipe surfaces down if a rag is left in your reach.  And you always wipe your own sticky hands and face, not very well, but you want to do it yourself.

Involved...

If I'm doing something that doesn't require any help, or it's just something that gets too messy with a helper, you still want to be with me doing your own version of the project.

I was planting big containers of wheat grass, you wanted your own, and even days later you checked on it and watered it with a squirt bottle.

I was painting blocks and you wanted to help, so I gave you your own frame to paint. You were so careful, and very proud of the finished product.


And when we're not busy with projects and chores, we've been having a lot of fun.

Playing at the park and going on walks...


 Planting a garden and celebrating Annie's birthday, gnome style.



 Discovering new toys...


And enjoying a week long visit from Mimi and Bapa.

Walks to the park...
 Trying new rides at Knott's Berry Farm.  You went on everything you were tall enough to go on, some even all by yourself!




 You love dippin' dots!  The store by us closed so we were happy to find them here.  You chowed down on your "Dots at Knott's."



 You wanted to get right back on the boat ride.
We spent 6 hours at Knott's and had to drag you away so Addie could get home for a nap.  Fortunately, we bought year passes, so we'll go often!

We took you on a bus ride.  You've been asking for weeks if we could ride a bus, so you were so excited when it finally happened.



 We went to the zoo.






 I fed that scary looking guy, just so you'd think I was cool.
 You loved riding on and watching the train.


We made cookies and raced cars.


We went fabric shopping in LA.  You loved hugging and hiding in all the soft stuff.

We went to the beach.




You even learned this week that you like broccoli.
 The week went too fast, and you tried lots of tricks to get them to stay longer, but finally said good-bye until next time, sending Mimi home with the frame and art work inside that you painted all by yourself.
We're so happy it's staying warm and light later these days.  I think we're going to have a fun spring and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment